Tracking COVID-19 for the Finger Lakes and Southern Tier Region
S2AY continues to track active COVID-19 cases for the region for both the Finger Lakes and Southern Tier region. We are not tracking hospitalizations or hospital capacity at this time. All information is sourced directly from the Local Public Health Departments and the New York State Department of Health. Information as of 8/17/2021.
Above are slides that show the current status for COVID19 in the S2AY Network Region. You will find data presented in a few different ways. See below for some clarifying definitions:
Finger Lakes Region As identified per Governor Cuomo, the following counties make up the Finger Lakes Region: Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming, Yates
Southern Tier Region As identified per Governor Cuomo, the following counties make up the Southern Tier: Broome, Chemung, Chenango, Delaware, Schuyler, Steuben, Tioga, Tompkins
S2AY Network Region Chemung, Livingston, Ontario, Schuyler Seneca, Steuben, Wayne and Yates counties.
- Test/Day: The total number of tests reported on a given day
- Target: The target testing level per region, as identified by the NYS leadership
- Minimum: The minimum number of tests to be conducted each day.
- New Cases: The number of new cases reported by the local health department on a given day
- Positive Cases: The total number of those that are positive for COVID-19 on a given day. This includes new cases and active cases.
- Active Cases: The total number of positive cases, in isolation, on a given day
HOSPITALIZATIONS - Monitoring hospitalizations of those positive for COVID-19 tells us about the severity of the illness.
- Total Hospitalizations: The number of those positive for COVID-19 who are hospitalized at a given time
- Positive Cases: The total number of those that are positive for COVID-19 on a given day. This includes new cases and active cases
HOSPITAL CAPACITY Hospital capacity is monitored to assess the ability of the hospital to take in new patients. Hospital and ICU beds are needed for many health conditions, other than COVID-19. It is important to monitor how many beds are available to carefully plan.
- Share of beds: The % of hospital beds available
- Share of ICU: The % of ICU beds available
The data source for the following slides is from individual county daily updates.
For geographic, county by county information, please see the NYSDOH COVID-19 Tracker at NYSDOH COVID-19 Tracker.