This committee is comprised of representatives from the S2AY Network counties' Early Intervention/ Preschool Special Education Programs plus representation from Cayuga, Chemung, Tioga and Tompkins Counties. This Committee works toward improving efficiencies and effectiveness of the Early Intervention and Preschool Special Education Programs by standardizing policies and procedures and identifying and instituting best practices regionally.
The Committee addresses new State mandates as a group, minimizing effort and maximizing effectiveness of implementation.
Projects resulting from the work of this committee include:
- Early Intervention Policies and Procedures Manual, including a standardized Individualized Family Services Plan (IFSP) format currently being utilized across the 11 county region. The IFSP is the driving document for provision of services under the Early Intervention Program.
- Early Intervention Provider Handbook developed by the committee to provide guidance for
- Early Intervention Providers who contract with the Counties to provide services on the IFSP. This document was then reviewed and approved by the Provider Representatives on the RECC.
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policies and training in response to directive that the Early Intervention and Preschool Special Education Programs fall under FERPA regulations and not Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
- Preschool Special Education Policies and Procedures Manual
Early Childhood Committee Members:
Allegany: Linda Wilcox, Allegany County Health Dept.
Chemung: Anne Jernigan, Chemung Co. DSS
Cayuga: Sue Barrette, Cayuga Health & Human Services
Ontario: Mary Ann O'Brien, Ontario County Public Health
Schuyler: JoAnn Fratarcangelo, Schuyler County Youth Bureau
Seneca: Mary Jo Flynn, Seneca County Health Dept.
Steuben: Helen Brutsman, Steuben Co. Special Children's Serv.
Tioga: Teena Cargill, Tioga County Health Dept
Tompkins: Sylvia Allinger, Tompkins County Health Dept
Wayne: Carol Monsees, Wayne County Public Health
Yates: Lauren Snyder, Yates County Public Health